This privacy statement provides the details of how the BMBF ensures the protection of your data and what types of data are collected for what purpose. The statement addresses the future requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP), which will be enforced from 25 May 2018.
Data processing on this website
Section 1 - Collection of personal data
(1) The following is for your information on how we collect personal data when you use our website. Personal data refers to all information which can be used to determine a person’s identity, including name, address, e-mail addresses, and website usage.
(2) ‘Controller’ pursuant to Art. 4 (7) GDRP is Mr Wilfried Kraus, Head of Directorate 72 “Sustainability, Climate, Energy” at the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Kapelle-Ufer 1, D-10117 Berlin; email@example.com. You can contact our Data Protection Commissioner by sending an e-mail to Datenschutz@bmbf.bund.de or in writing to our postal address (Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Kapelle-Ufer 1, D-10117 Berlin), ATTN: “Datenschutzbeauftragte”.
(3) The data which you provide when you contact us by e-mail or use an online contact form (e-mail address, name, phone number) will be stored until 30 April 2019 for the purposes of answering your enquiries. The data collected for these purposes will either be deleted after storage is no long required or anonymized in the event of further processing should legal retention requirements be in place.
Section 2 - Your rights
(1) You have the following rights concerning your personal data:
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data by us. The responsible authority is: Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI, Husarenstr. 30 53117 Bonn, phone: +49 (0)228-997799-0; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 3 - Collection of personal data when using our website
(1) When you use our website for purely informational purposes, i.e. in cases where you do not register to use our website or do not otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data communicated through your browser to our server. If you wish to see our website content, we collect the following data which is technically necessary to enable website access and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 (1) letters a) and f) GDRP):
(2) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and are assigned to the browser you are using. Specific information flows through these text files to the entity that has set the cookie (in this case this means the BMBF).
Cookies are unable to execute programs or pass viruses on to your computer. They serve to make the Internet service more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies to the extent explained:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They include session cookies in particular. Session cookies store a so-called session ID which allows various enquiries from your browser to be allocated to the same shared session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a pre-defined period of time which varies depending on the cookie concerned. You can delete the cookies at any time via the security settings in your browser.
d) You can customize your browser settings to suit your requirements, e.g. you can refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be advised that this may prevent you from using all the functions of this website.
Section 4 - Data Analytics
Section 5 - Accreditation / Registration
Your data is stored on our servers when you register for the conference.
After the conference event this data will be deleted, at the latest by 30 April 2019.
The personal data which you provided for registration will be used solely for the purposes of your registration and participation.
The data provided is forwarded to third parties involved in the organization of the conference. These agencies will use the data as follows: for purposes of conference management; for the identification of attending guests by contracted security services; for hotel reservations (upon request from participants themselves). The responsible agencies, security services and hotels are also bound by the requirements of the GDRP and will be informed of the requirement to delete data (by 30 April 2019 latest).
Section 6 - Orders / E-mail communication
If you send us an e-mail, your message and e-mail address will be used solely for the purpose of corresponding with you. In the case of order transactions, any personal data submitted will be passed on to third parties solely for purposes of handling the order (e.g. to a mail order company or other public authorities or institutions which are responsible for the dispatch of the material ordered). Your data will be deleted once your order has been completed.
Section 7 - Access to your data
You can view the data that has been automatically transferred from your browser to our server by clicking [here]. Any internet browser can be set up to notify you whenever cookies are set and to display their contents. Detailed information is available on the websites of the Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information and the Federal Office for Information Security.